Brook House Camp Site - Church Stretton, Shropshire
A beautiful camping & glamping site for families.
Brook house camping site is in an Aera of Natural Outstanding Beauty and is a small exclusive
& secluded family owned campsite in Shropshire. Previously a Camping Caravan Club for 25 years.
We are no longer part of the camping & caravan club and no longer accept caravans for bookings
made after 1st June 2017.
We welcome campers in tents, small campervans, or trailer tents.
We also have two camping pods, and two yurts for camping in style.
We are situated on the fringe of the small village of Wall Under Heywood in the Shropshire hills
near Church Stretton.
Our campsite is a small, unspoilt secluded site with a very limited number of generous sized
tent pitches, largely layed out with luscious green grass. Booking early is advised.
We offer several options:
- 6 large grass tent plots,
- 2 camping pods,
- 2 Yurts,
- 2 XL Hardstanding pitches (for campervans / small motorhome / trailer tents)
Our camping field is mainly flat, bordered by a crystal clear brook where your children will enjoy a paddle.
The kids will love catching a few american crayfish, or spot the local otter or kingfisher.
Even though our campsite can fit 22 camping pitches, we offer an exclusive special experience by limiting
the number of pitches to no more than 6 tent pitches and position them around the perimeter of our field.
This guarantees you plenty of space between pitches and provides a large space in the middle of the field
to play cricket, football and other lawn games with the kids.
Our site has a very communal relaxed back to basics feel.
We never cram people in so you can enjoy our peaceful friendly camp site with beautiful
views of the local Shropshire hills.
With no large adult groups, stag or hen parties, our family camp site will give you all the peace and tranquility you
want. (if you wish to book as a large group our campsite can be exclusively hired for family groups, weddings,
A traditional village pub is just a few minutes walk, there is a communal tennis court available in the village, as well
as modern well equipped children's playground all within a few minutes walk.
A 5 minute drive or 40 minute walk up the lane will take you to the charming medieval village of Cardington
with its village pub The Royal Oak being the oldest pub in Shropshire.
Our campsite is a real hidden gem where many of our guests return several times in the year
and book months in advance !
Our camping and glamping site also offers a fantastic stop for walkers and cyclists wishing to explore the area
which has much to offer. For families there are many activities and things to do with the kids in the local area.
- 2 camping pods,
- 2 Yurts,
- 6 tent pitches
- 2 campervan / trailer tent/ or small motorhome pitches
- 2x Modern large walk in electric showers with hot water,
- 2x Toilets,
- Washing up area outdoors with cold water & sink,
- 2x Wash Basins in the shower block,
- Electric Hook ups,
- Fresh water taps,
- Flat site, laid to grass, cut two to three times a week in main season,
- Large communal fire pit by the brook with logs seats.
- Small orchard by the brook,
- Kids will love the "bug hotel"
- Bike storage area,
- Logs for sale,
- Farm gate entrance, enclosed hedged site.
- Only campsite in Shropshire with an Electric car charging point (extra cost)
Short walk away:
- Village pub with good food & local ales, (5 minute walk)
- Children's play area / park (4 minute walk)
- Tennis court in the village, (4 minutes walk)
- Village hall for meetings and private hire (4 minute walk)
8 minutes in the car will take you to the medieval market town of Church Stretton which has all
local amenities, to include a supermarket, doctors surgery, Restaurants, Fish and Chips,
Indian Restaurant, Chinese etc..
We also have a basic camping hardware shop on site open during our reception hours.
Onsite Camping Shop:
We stock a few basic camping essentials on site in case you forgot or simply have not had
the time to go to the shops for your camping trip.
What we sell is displayed on our notice board in the shower block.
Very handy if you need something, and will save you a 30 mile return trip to the nearest camping store.
We do not have a physical walk in shop but we are about during reception times for spares such as:
- tent pegs,
- air pumps,
- gas canisters,
- rubber mallets,
- sleeping bags,
- logs etc..
To book your space please use the "book now" feature at the top of the screen
Arrival from 13:00 onwards for tents / campervans
Arrival from 15:00 for PODS and Yurts (we will email you for your check in time)
-If you have a pre-booked camping pitch:
Open the main gate and find your plot N°on the board.
-If you have not made a booking:
Please check with reception before pitching, or call the mobile N° on the board.
- PODS, Yurts and Bell tent must be pre-booked & pre-paid. (damage deposit cheque of £70 also required on arrival)
* Please pitch in front of the marker and keep your car close to your tent or park on the POD car park
* Please keep the gate shut as local farmer's cows and sheep can escape and cause havoc on the field!
- Please book and pay via our booking portal.
- Minimum booking of 3 nights during bank holiday week ends.
- No stag, Hen parties, gatherings,
- For small group of friends please talk to us first.
- No dumping of tents, chairs, mattress, sleeping bags, gas bottles or bulky items (take this with you),
- Please bag all household waste & place it in the main recycle bin,
- No caravan waste or elsan disposal on site.
Movement of cars & visitors:
- No movement of cars between 22:00 and 7:00am,
- All visitors must announce themselves at reception and pay an entry fee (see price page),
- No visitors after 21:00
Fires & barbecues:
- All barbeques barbeques and fire pits must be raised by 12",
- No open fires (use only our communal fire pit provided),
- No Chinese lanterns,
- No Fireworks,
- Communal Fire pit curfew at midnight (fire must also be put out),
Check in / Check out:
- Arrival from 13:00 to allow previous guest time to leave and clean up,
- No arrivals or pitching up in the dark,
- Vacate by 12:00 on day of departure,
- Vacate PODS & YURTS by 11:00 on day of departure
- £3 charge per hour for overstay.
During your stay:
- Please pitch on front of the marker post,
- Keep your vehicles close to your tent pitch,
- No cars next to the yurts and pods (use designated parking area)
- Please park your car on hard standing parking area if wet / rain.
- No commercial sign written vans allowed on site.
- No car stereos / amplified music to be played at any time,
- No riding of motorbikes, quads, on site or flying drones / remote control vehicles.
Now a pet free campsite after countless dog owners not picking up dog mess.
Enjoy, be happy:
We want you to enjoy yourself and the outdoors and embrace camping for what it is.
A back to basics relaxing outdoors experience.
We work hard to make our campsite a great place and have many regulars who have discovered
our hidden gem. As this is a family / couples site you will agree to the few above rules by staying
on our site for the benefit and respect of all guests.
At Brook House Camping we love and welcome happy people who love what our site has to offer.
Confrontational people with anger issues bringing their bad attitude with them should look for another site.
Enjoy life and the outdoors !
Group rates and Organisations:
DoE, Schools, Brownies, Scouts etc..
We offer special rates and welcome DoE, Schools, Brownies, Scouts etc..
Please contact us to discuss our discounted rates and group requirements.
We can also hire our entire field exclusively for you for parties, weddings, gatherings etc..
to discuss your requirements, number of people, dates, etc.. please speak to Melanie or Dan.
This is a quiet family run site you will be delighted with what we have on offer.
We will need to know your arrival times so that we can greet you.
Please announce your arrival at the house.
Groups / Friends / Gatherings
We do private exclusive hire of our entire field for groups of fiends, family parties, weddings etc..
if you intend to get together as a large group. We will accept small groups only if they have
children with them and a maximum of two pitches. This rule is unfortunately due to a few inconsiderate
guests who have spoiled it for everyone else.
If your intention is to be noisy, have very late nights, be disrespectful, aggressive and inconsiderate
to fellow campers we suggest you find another campsite willing to accept drunken bad behaviour,
or try Butlins.
About the local area
The area is an ideal base for you to make a quick stop for a night, or indeed if you wish to stay longer
and explore the area which has so much to offer. We attract walkers, cyclists, bird watchers.
There are many National Trust places to see and many towns all worth exploring, such as Bridgnorth,
Ludlow, Clun, Church Stretton, Shrewsbury, Bishops Castle, Iron Bridge and more all within 20 minutes drive.
and of course not forgetting the Long Mynd famous for its walks and an extremely popular attraction with visitors from all around the UK.
Our village pub provides excellent local ales and food just 5 minutes walk.